PM Modi to hold video conference with CMs as COVID-19 cases spike in India | A convenient excuse for some to vilify Muslims: Omar Abdullah tweets on Tablighi Jamaat | West Bengal records third COVID 19 death | 24 people in Delhi test positive for COVID-19 after a mosque event, 7 die | India witnesses steep rise in COVID-19 cases amid lockdown |
Nepal earthquake: Govt. rules out finding more survivors

Nepal earthquake: Govt. rules out finding more survivors

India Blooms News Service | 02 May 2015, 06:33 pm
Kathmandu, May 2 (IBNS) The Nepal government has ruled out finding more survivors from the rubble of the earthquake that shook the Himalayan nation last week.

The government, which earlier said the death toll could reach 10,000, put the figure at 6621 on Saturday.

Nepal Home Minister spokesperson Laxmi Prasad Dhakal told a foreign news agency that "it has already been one week since the disaster, we are trying our best in rescue and relief work but now I don't think that there is any possibility of survivors under the rubble."

Earlier, in a miraculous story on Friday, a woman was rescued alive from under the rubble of devastated houses at Gongabu buspark area in Nepal capital Kathmandu after 128 hours since the earthquake rocked the country.

Nepal was hit by an earthquake measuring 7.9 on the Richter Scale on April 25.

The country has experienced several aftershocks since that day, triggering panic across the country .

Nepal earthquake: Govt. rules out finding more survivors

India Blooms News Service
Comments ()

Post your comment:

Web Analytics